Special School Complex No.110 at Jonscher’s Hospital Clinic
of Medical University in Poznan Poland
” Play to learn, Learn to play”
Our school provides statutory education and maintains continuity of teaching for inpatients on the paediatric wards. It also helps to minimise the disruption of their educational careers. Children and teenagers focus on students’ handbooks and school curriculum adopted by their original schools . Class duration, the way and pace of introducing a new material is adjusted to psychophysical predispositions of students.
Before being discharged from hospital, a student gets an assesstment certificate with marks he got during his hospital schooling practice.
The students are enabled to pass a class and they are welcome to get the final graduation certificate. They are also encouraged to take part in enternal exams while in hospital.
We create favourable conditions conductive to self-development through various forms of intelectual and practical activities. They stimulate the speed and quality of the healing process.
Our main concern is to allieviate the stress resulting from sickness and hospitalisation.
Our students not only get the possibility of developing their creative abilities but also take part in different school events .They meet interesting people and take part in many contests.
Our staff helps the children to succeed which develops their self-esteem.
Mission and values
1. The Special School Complex no.110 at Jonscher’s Hospital Clinic of Medical University in Poznan.
2. Core Values:
- The greatest value of our school is paying special attention to providing supportive environment and ensuring emotional stability.
- The main goal of school is the comprehensive development through a wide range of currricular and extra-curricular activities. We also empower students to maximise their learning possibilities through continuous education which reduce gaps in knowledge caused by sickness.
- Outstanding quality of teaching and professional educational approach helps to discover faith in one’s own capacities and to gives a taste of success.
- Creating the most effective learning environment which enhances hospitalization.
- Providing students with comprehensive development within available scope , using appropriate methods.
- Challenging students to strive for personal interests, abilities and artistic development.
- Encouraging students to develop social communicative skills. Maintaining efficient high -quality care.
4. Creating the most effective learning environment which enhances hospitalization
- Helping to cope with post -traumatic stress resulting from illness.
- Using therapeutic anxiety -reduction procedures .
- Strengthening self-confidence and self-esteem.
5. The pursit of comprehensive development within available scope , using appropriate methods.
- Ensuring apropriate educational services are being implemented.
- Enabling personal approach.
- Using the most effective methods based on the child’s personal situation .
6. Challenging students to strive for personal interests, abilities and artistic development.
- Involving students in cultural events’ participation .
- Organization of meetings with different cultural backgrounds’ representatives.
- Cooperating with culture promoting institutions.
- Arranging creativity encouraging activities .
7. Encouraging students to develop social abilities.
- Making social environmental interaction most valuable.
- Advertising personal culture, respect and tolerance for the other people.
- Awakening patriotic behaviour.
- Career councelling during all educational stages.
- Promoting healthy life-style.
- Awakening ecological awareness and a proper approach towards environment.
8. Maintaining efficient high -quality care.
- Teacher-educator cooperation ensuring the optimal action plan.
- Employing qualified teachers displaying following values :
- Eagerness to provide aid.
- Empathy and respect towards others.
- The ability to adjust to current situation.
- Creativity and sensitivity while working with a voulnerable students.
- Updating knowledge on a specific subject matter,psychological-pedagogical counseling and medical issues.
principal: Beata Łukomska
vice principal: Romualda Rabsztyńska
ul. Szpitalna 27/33
Tel: +48 61 8491 483